Creating Powerful Podcasts
Anyone can talk, so hosting a podcast should be easy, right?
If you’ve tried it, you know it’s harder than it looks. We can help.
Are you doing a scripted podcast? An interview type podcast, with one or more guests?
Perhaps you’re doing a podcast in hopes of expanding your brand or creating more business?
Or maybe you’re hosting an audio blog – expressing your thoughts and sharing your stories…
Whatever type of podcast you’re doing – the essence a powerful communicator is storytelling.
I work with broadcasters and podcasters throughout the world. Many have found the following Powerful Communicator Principles to be useful.
You’ll find more in the book, “Beyond Powerful Radio” here is an excerpt:
- Speak Visually – in terms a listener can picture
- Start with your best material
- Podcasts are pre-recorded. They last forever online. Make them perfect
- Never let anything go too long
- Always ask: “Why would someone want to hear this?”
- Address each listener individually, use the word “YOU.”
- Stay Curious
- Relax, let natural humor happen
- Be who you are
- Take Risks.
If you find this useful, you’ll find more in the “Beyond Powerful Radio – A Communicator’s Guide to the Internet Age” book.
Finally, the top three principles of becoming a more powerful communicator:
1. Tell the truth
2. Make it MATTER
3. NEVER BE BORING